Last updated: 18 April 2017
“Freeze Tag”, or “we” or “us” refers to Freeze Tag, Inc.
- what information we collect, how we collect it, and why
- how we use that information and with whom we share it
- how you can access and update that information
- the choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your information
- how we protect the information we store about you
>> Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Information About You (or Your Authorized Child) That We Get From Connected Third-Party Applications, Including Social Networks (like Facebook)
If you play Freeze Tag games or access any of our other Services on connected third-party applications or connect our Services to any third-party applications, including social networks like Facebook, Freeze Tag may receive certain information about you from the provider of the third-party application. The information we receive depends on the Freeze Tag game you’re playing, the third-party application, your privacy settings and, if applicable, your friends’ privacy settings on that third-party application.
For example, Freeze Tag may collect and store some or all of the following information shared by the provider of the connected third-party application:
- your first and last name;
- your profile picture or its URL;
- your user ID number (like your Facebook ID number), which may be linked to publicly-available information like your name and profile photo;
- the user ID number and other public data for your friends;
- the login e-mail you provided to that third-party application when you registered with it;
- your physical location and that of the devices you use to access our Services;
- your gender;
- your birthday year and/or age range;
- information about your activities on or through the connected third-party application;
- other publicly-available information on the third-party application; and/or
- any other information that you or the provider of the third-party application share with Freeze Tag.
If you are unclear about what information a third-party application is sharing with us, please go to the third-party application to find out more about their privacy practices.
Cookies and Automated Information Collection
We and service providers acting on our behalf, like Google Analytics, store log files and use tracking technologies such as:
- cookies, which are small pieces of data transferred to your mobile device or computer for record-keeping purposes;
- web beacons, which let us know if a certain page was visited or whether an e-mail was opened;
- tracking pixels, which allow us or our advertising partners to advertise more efficiently and effectively; and
- local shared objects, also known as flash cookies, which help us to reduce fraud, remember your in-game preferences and speed up load times.
We and our service providers use these log files, tags, and tracking technologies to collect and analyze certain kinds of technical information, including:
- IP addresses;
- the type of computer or mobile device you are using;
- your operating system version;
- your mobile device’s identifiers, like your MAC Address, Identifier For Advertising (IDFA), and/or International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI);
- your browser types;
- your browser language;
- referring and exit pages, and URLs;
- platform type;
- the number of clicks on a page or feature;
- domain names;
- landing pages;
- pages viewed and the order of those pages;
- the amount of time spent on particular pages; and
- game state and the date and time of activity on our websites or games.
In some cases, we will connect this information with your social network ID or Freeze Tag Internal user ID.
For more information on how to limit the types of cookies you allow, please see Opting out of Cookie Tracking below.
Other Information from Your Mobile Device
If you play Freeze Tag games on your mobile device, in addition to your device identifiers, we may also collect:
- your country; and
- your mobile contacts (as further described below in “Information About Your Contacts”); and
- in some games, like Garfield Go, which is a location based game, we will also collect location information, but only if you have authorized it, including for your child under 13 (in this section, and sections where we refer to location based games, when we reference you, we also reference your authorized child, because we have technical features which require parental authorization). We collect and store information about your (or your authorized child’s) location when you use our game and take game actions that use the location services made available through your device’s mobile operating system, which makes use of mobile tower triangulation, wi-fi triangulation, and/or GPS. You understand and agree that by using our games, you will be transmitting your device location to us and some of that location information, along with your user name, may be shared through the game. We retain the right to use all information gathered via user activities. However, privacy will be respected and your information will not be released to any third parties.
If you want to adjust your privacy preferences on your mobile device, please see How to Access, Update and Manage Your Information below.
Information About You That You Share With Us Directly
Some games or parts of our Services may use a more traditional registration or account set-up process where you may be asked to give us some or all of the following information:
- the year you were born;
- your first and last names;
- your e-mail address;
- a password; and
- other information that helps us make sure it’s you accessing your account or helps us improve our services.
We may also let you create a player profile, separate from your social networking site profile (for example, your Facebook profile), that other Freeze Tag players can see. Your player profile may include information like:
- a profile photo;
- game username(s);
- biographic details (like your age or age range);
- approximate location information that you provide;
- links to your profiles on various social network;
- a Freeze Tag player ID number that is created by Freeze Tag and used to identify your profile.
Certain information in your Freeze Tag profile may be publicly accessible on Freeze Tag games, including:
- The Freeze Tag player ID;
- Your name and/or username; and
- Your player profile picture.
Information You Generate Using Our Communications Features
Except for games that have an age gate for children under 13 (which will either require parent authorization, or refuse game play), you may be able to take part in certain activities on our Service that let you communicate or share information not just with Freeze Tag, but also with other Freeze Tag players. These include:
- participating in player forums and message boards;
- posting public comments to other players’ profiles or gameboards;
- sending private messages or invitations to other players, either directly on our websites or to their e-mail accounts;
- chatting with other players; and/or
- posting photos or drawings.
You acknowledge and expressly agree that we may access in real-time, record and/or store archives of these communications, comments, photos and drawings on Freeze Tag’s servers to make use of them to protect the safety and well-being of our players and Freeze Tag’s rights and property in connection with our Services; to conduct research; to operate, improve, personalize and optimize our Services and our players’ experiences, including through the use of analytics; and to manage and deliver contextual advertising.
Customer Support Correspondence
Except as provided herein, when you ask for help from our Customer Support team, we will collect and store the contact information you give them (generally, your name and e-mail address), information about your game play or activity on our Services, and your Freeze Tag player and/or social network ID number. We will also store the communications you have with the Customer Service team and any information in those communications in order to provide support and improve the Services. For users of our games designed for children under 13, we will use your contact information for the sole purpose of providing a one-time response to your question. We will then delete your information from our servers.
We may collect or receive information about you from other sources like third-party information providers. We use this information along with information you provide us directly, for example, to help you and your friends connect or to serve you advertising more tailored to your interests.
If you would like to learn more about how we secure your information, please see Security of Your Information below.
>> How We Use the Information We Collect
The main use of the information we collect and store is to provide a better gaming experience, but there are other uses as well. The uses for which we collect and store your information include:
- to operate, improve and optimize our Services and our players’ experiences;
- to create your game accounts and allow you to play our games;
- to identify and suggest connections with other Freeze Tag players and personalize our Services to you;
- to identify your location (for specific games such as Garfield Go which are location based games), and allow us to provide you with full game play;
- to enable players to communicate with each other;
- to provide technical support and respond to player inquiries;
- to protect the safety and well-being of our players;
- to protect Freeze Tag’s rights and property in connection with our Services;
- to prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities, and to enforce our Terms of Service;
- to manage and deliver contextual and behavioral advertising;
- to notify players of in-game updates, new products or promotional offers;
- to administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes we may have with you or other players, and to enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- to conduct research.
One important use of your information is communication. If you have provided your e-mail address to Freeze Tag, we will use it to respond to customer support inquiries, and keep you informed of your in-game activity, including comments from friends, let you know about in-game status as well as tell you about gift and neighbor requests. Some messages, like invites for friends to join you in a game, may include your name and profile photo. We may also send promotional e-mail messages (“Promotional Communications”) directly or in partnership with other parties, in accordance with your marketing preferences. Each Promotional Communication will offer you choices about receiving additional messages. Receipt of such communications depends on Freeze Tag having certain contact information from you. Some of our games will ask for age information to determine if you are under 13. If you are under 13, you will not be able to provide us with certain contact information. Please see the section on Our Policies Concerning Children for more information.
>> How We Share Your Information
We may disclose or publish aggregated information (information about you and other players collectively that is not intended to specifically identify you) and other non-personal information about our players for industry analysis, demographic profiling, marketing, analytics, advertising, and other business purposes.
In addition, we may share your information (which may include personal information) with third parties (in other words, parties other than Freeze Tag) or allow third parties to collect this information from our Services in the following circumstances:
Friends and Other Freeze Tag Players
The Service supports and often encourages you to interact with other players. In most Freeze Tag games, if you play through a social network or register through a social network (for example, Facebook), your social network friends will see your name, profile photo and descriptions of your game activity. Similarly, in some Freeze Tag games, other players, regardless of whether they are your social network friends or not, will be able to see descriptions of your game activity, communicate with you within our Services, and view your game profile, which may include your name or a “game name” and your profile photo. Other players may also be able to send you game requests or even friend requests through the related social network’s or Freeze Tag’s communication channels.
Third-Party Advertising Including Tailored Advertising and Analytics
We have advertising on our Services so we can continue to offer many of our Services for free.
We do not actively share personal information with third-party advertisers for their direct marketing purposes unless you give us your consent.
When advertisers or ad networks place ads in our Services, they may collect or we may share the following types of information from within our Services:
- performance data (like the number of clicks on an advertisement);
- aggregated and/or de-identified information about you and other players collectively that is not intended to specifically identify you;
- certain technical information (for example, IP addresses, non-persistent device identifiers such as IDFAs, and de-identified persistent device identifiers such as a hashed Android ID);
- your social network ID;
- and other contextual data about your game play (for example, your level and session length).
The information collected may be used to:
- measure how effective ads are, to offer you targeted advertising in order to personalize your experience by showing you advertisements for products and services that are more likely to appeal to you (a practice known as behavioral advertising), and/or
- undertake web analytics (like Google Analytics which is used to analyze traffic and other player activity to improve your experience).
Advertisers or ad networks may collect this information through the use of tracking technologies like browser cookies and web beacons, and they may use a single tracking technology or multiple tracking technologies at the same time.
Please note, after clicking on a third party advertisement, you may no longer be on a site hosted by Freeze Tag or the social network through which you are playing Freeze Tag’s games.
If you do not want to receive tailored in-application advertisements from third parties, please see How to Access, Update and Manage Your Information. Please note that no tailored advertisements will be delivered for Freeze Tag games that have an age gate to identify players under 13, though Freeze Tag may allow contextual advertisements to be displayed.
Safety, Security and Compliance with Law
Your information, and the contents of all of your online communications in our Services and between You and Freeze Tag may be accessed and monitored as needed to provide our Service and may be disclosed:
- when we have a good faith belief that we have to disclose the information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, or legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant or subpoena);
- to satisfy any laws or regulations that apply;
- where we believe in our sole discretion that the Service is being used in committing a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to share information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, and other security precautions;
- when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health and/or safety of you, another person or the public generally; and
- to protect the rights or property of Freeze Tag and other applicable third parties, including to enforce our Terms of Service.
Freeze Tag games or their purchase pages may display an “offer wall” that is hosted by an offer wall provider. The offer wall allows third-party advertisers to provide virtual currency to players in exchange for interacting with an advertisement or for completing a marketing offer that may include signing up for an account with one of those advertisers. These offers are not made by Freeze Tag. These offers may be shown to you based on certain technical information, like your geographic area or de-identified demographic information. After clicking on one of these offers, you will no longer be on a site hosted by Freeze Tag or the social network through which you are playing Freeze Tag’s games. To properly credit player accounts and to prevent fraud, a unique identifier, in some cases your social network ID or Freeze Tag player ID, will be shared with the offer wall provider.
Third-Party Service Providers
We will share your information with third-party companies to perform services on our behalf, like processing payments, analyzing data, optimizing game play, e-mail delivery, hosting services, customer service and to help us in our marketing efforts, including managing and delivering contextual and tailored advertisements. We require these third-party service providers to maintain the confidentiality of the information we share with them, and we require them not use your information for anything other than to provide services on our behalf.
Sale or Merger
>>How to Access, Update and Manage Your Information
Information We Receive From a Third-Party Application Where You Play Our Games or From Your Mobile Device
To manage the information Freeze Tag receives about you from a third-party application where you play our games, like Facebook, you will need to follow the instructions for the third-party application for updating your information and changing your privacy settings. The privacy management tools for applications on Facebook can be found here. To review and update information associated with your Freeze Tag game profile in certain games, visit the “settings” page in that game. You also can manage some aspects of information collection and use by visiting the “settings” page of your mobile device and reviewing the permissions of each application or “app.”
Accessing and Updating Your Information Held by Freeze Tag
If you want to review, delete, or change the information Freeze Tag has about you or have additional questions, e-mail us at privacy[a]freezetag.com. We will respond to your request within thirty days.
Stopping Use of Your Information
If you no longer want Freeze Tag to make active use of your information, you may send an e-mail to privacy[a]freezetag.com. Place “Delete My Account” in the subject line and include your first name, last name, e-mail address and your social network ID for the social network from which you access our Services (if applicable) in the body of the e-mail (for example, your Facebook user ID). We will respond to your request within thirty days. Please note that certain records, for example those relating to payments or customer service matters, will be held for legal and accounting purposes. If you have sent content through or posted content on the Service, we may not be able to delete it.
Opting Out of Geolocation
If you have previously allowed us to access your geolocation data, you can stop making geolocation available to us by visiting your mobile device’s settings for the relevant application or the “settings” page for the relevant game.
For some games, such as Garfield Go, which use an age gate and a parent authorization platform, parent permission to opt out of that game is controlled through the parent portal that we have setup.
Opting Out of Promotional Emails from Freeze Tag
If you want to stop receiving promotional e-mails from Freeze Tag, click on the “unsubscribe” link in any promotional email from Freeze Tag. Please note that once we receive your request, it may take an additional period of time for your opt-out to become effective. Your unsubscribe or e-mail preference change will be processed promptly, and in no event longer than ten business days.
Opting Out of Third-Party Tailored Advertising
If you are interested in more information about tailored advertising and your choices to prevent third parties from delivering tailored web and mobile web advertising you may visit the following websites:
- Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out Page or the Digital Advertising Alliance Opt-Out Page for U.S.-based advertising; and
- Your Online Choices UK website for EU-based advertising.
These opt-out tools are provided by third parties, not Freeze Tag. Freeze Tag does not control or operate these tools or the choices that advertisers and others provide through these tools.
In addition, if you do not want to receive tailored in-application advertisements from third parties that relate to your interests in apps on your mobile device, you may opt-out by adjusting the ad tracking settings on your device. You can also reset the “Advertising Identifier” (like an IDFA) from your mobile device’s settings page, which will prevent continued use of existing behavioral data tied to the previous “Advertising Identifier.” Further, depending on the platform provider (such as Apple or Google), you may be able to download apps, such as the Digital Advertising Alliance’s “AppChoices” app, that offer to provide you with control regarding the collection and use of cross-app data for tailored advertising. Like the opt-out tools mentioned above for web, these mobile opt-out tools are provided by third parties, not Freeze Tag. Freeze Tag does not control or operate these tools or the choices that advertisers and others provide through these tools.
Please note that you may still receive advertisements from third parties within Freeze Tag’s games even if you opt out of tailored advertising but they will not be based on your activity across unrelated web sites or apps.
Opting Out of Cookie Tracking
You can set your web browser to warn you about attempts to place cookies on your computer or limit the type of cookies you allow. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies and cookie management tools available in a web browser may not remove flash cookies. To learn more about and manage flash cookies you can visit the Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.
If you disable cookies, you may lose some of the features and functionality of our Services because Freeze Tag cookies are necessary to track and enhance your game activities.
>>Privacy Policies of Linked Third-Party Services and Advertisers
Our websites and games may contain advertisements from Third-Party Services, which are companies other than Freeze Tag that may link to their own websites, online services or mobile applications. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these Third-Party Services. If you have any questions about how these Third-Party Services use your information, you should review their policies and contact them directly.
Here are a few of the more prevalent third-party service providers that may be used in our games:
- Flurry. If you wish to opt-out from Flurry analytics, please follow this link: https://dev.flurry.com/secure/optOut.do.
- Google Analytics. For more information on Google Firebase Analytics, please follow this link: https://firebase.google.com/policies/analytics
>>Our Policies Concerning Children
Most of our websites and games are not for children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13. Children under 13 should not use these websites or games at any time. If we learn that we have inadvertently gathered personal information from a child under 13, we will take reasonable measures to promptly remove that information from our records.
Freeze Tag provides games like Kitty Pawp, which are intended for users of all ages. In these games, Freeze Tag does not knowingly collect personal information (as that term is defined under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)) from users under the age of 13, except as permitted by COPPA. For example, Freeze Tag may collect persistent identifiers to support the internal operations of its games. If Freeze Tag learns that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information that is not subject to a COPPA exception, Freeze Tag will delete such information.
In addition, for our games that are location based, such as Garfield Go, we use a solution which requires parental permission to allow children under 13 to play. This permission is controlled through a web site, which allows the parents to revoke access to the game, and will also notify us if personal information needs to be removed from any of our databases. For information on having the information removed by us, please see section above, entitled, “Stopping Use of Your Information.” Please note, however, that if you refuse further collection of information, use, and/or disclosure of your personal information, you may not be able to access and use all or a portion of the game(s).
>>How Long We Keep Your Information
How long we retain your information depends on why we collected it and how we use it. We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements. For instance, we may retain some information for a few years after you have closed your account with us if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations or to exercise, defend or establish legal rights.
>>Security of Your Information
If you have an account registered directly with Freeze Tag, your profile information is protected by the password you use to access your Freeze Tag account. It is important that you protect and maintain your Freeze Tag account’s security and that you immediately tell us of any unauthorized use of your account. If you forget the password to your Freeze Tag account, the Service allows you to request that instructions be sent to you that explain how to reset your password. If you access our Services through a social network and your social network account is hacked, this may lead to someone playing your Freeze Tag games without your permission. So, be careful to keep your social network account information, including your social network account password, secure as well. We urge you to log out of your Freeze Tag account and any social network account you have used to access our Services after you use it.
While we take precautions against possible security breaches of our Services and our customer databases and records, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information while it is being transmitted to our Service. Any transmission is at your own risk. If you have questions about the security of our websites, please contact us at privacy[a]freezetag.com.
Freeze Tag, Inc.
18062 Irvine Blvd., Suite 103
Tustin, CA 92780